THE MOST 'ALIVE' MOMENT OF MY LIFE
Paragliding off the Summit of
Panorama Mtn, BC, Canada (Elev. 7,792 ft)
Dax Justin is a Canadian Explorer, Adventure Photographer, Helly Hansen Ambassador, Contributor to Canadian Geographic, Designer and Speaker based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I partner with destinations, adventure companies and travel brands to help tell their stories by capturing and sharing high-quality visual content rooted in social narrative that is both creative and immersive.
The photography and stories captured on expeditions bring the adventure to a worldwide online audience in real time, expanding brand reach through social media and travel networks. My work has been featured in national and international publications including Canadian Geographic, Explore Magazine, Outside TV, Matador Network, the Travel Channel, Hootsuite, The Weather Network and Instagram.
I’m also a public speaker and have had the opportunity to speak for the Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society (CPAWS), the Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC), the University of Calgary, Rundle College and Mount Royal University, among others. In January 2017 I did a TEDx Talk in Canmore, Alberta and in 2018 I was a Keynote Speaker alongside Dr. David Suzuki at the Prairie University Biology Symposium in Calgary, Alberta.
Most recently, I’ve been creating the Smartphone Pro Mobile-Photo Workshop so you can take the best photos of your life, all from your mobile device.
- Nominated for Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 2018
- Keynote Speaker at the University of Calgary alongside Dr. David Suzuki, February, 2018
- Became an Official Ambassador for Helly Hansen, May, 2017
- Photo of Two Jack Lake published in Canadian Geographic’s 150 Ultimate Canadian Photos book, April, 2017
- Speaker at TEDxCanmore, January 20, 2017
- Iconic photo of Moraine Lake posted up at YYC Calgary Airport‘s new International Terminal, 2016
- Honorary White Hat from the YYC Calgary Airport, 2016
- 2x Travel Alberta ALTO Award Winner for ‘Marketing Partnership’ in collaboration with Chinook Country Tourist Association, 2015 & 2016
- 2x photos featured in Canadian Geographic, 2014 & 2015
- Became a 2x ‘Suggested User’ by Instagram, 2014 & 2015
- Born: 2 May, 1984
- Place of Birth: Calgary, AB, Canada
- Daughter (who acts more like a renegade bear cub): 1
- Education: Bachelor of Fine Arts: New Media, University of Lethbridge
- Occupation: Explorer, Adventure/Landscape Photographer, Designer, Speaker
- Passion: “Raise awareness, Educate and Protect.”
- Listening: Spindrift – The Legend of God’s Gun, Type O Negative – Black No. 1
I ADMIRE, SUPPORT AND DONATE TO:
The Royal Canadian Geographical Society (RCGS) is dedicated to promoting and enhancing public awareness for Canadian geography, and to strengthening the bond between Canadians and their diverse and vast geographical heritage.
Founded by National Geographic Photographers Cristina Mittermeier and Paul Nicklen, SeaLegacy’s mission is to create healthy and abundant oceans, for us and for the planet.
The International League of Conservation Photographers (iLCP) is a U.S. based non-profit organization whose mission is to further environmental and cultural conservation through ethical photography.
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) protects areas of natural diversity for their intrinsic value and for the benefit of our children and grandchildren. The NCC will lead, innovate and use creativity in the conservation of Canada’s natural heritage.
“I believe that whatever created nature created us.”
— DAX JUSTIN